With the combination of bittersweet chocolate and a little dash of coffee, this dessert will be outstanding beyond the others! This dessert is perfect for those of you out there who love coffee and can’t live without chocolate! It is fun, simple and delicious.
4 oz. semisweet chocolate
2 oz of bittersweet chocolate
2 large egg yolks
1½ teaspoon of instant espresso powder
5 tablespoons of granulated sugar
1½ cups of heavy cream
- Place the semisweet and bittersweet chocolates in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt the chocolate according to package directions. Let it cool slightly but not fully.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the following: egg yolks, the espresso powder, 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, and the 1/2 cup cream. Cook over a medium heat while stirring constantly until the mixture becomes slightly thick. Note*do not let the mixture simmer or boil. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Scrape the egg mixture into the cooled chocolate and whisk together. Refrigerate until cooled for about 25 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the remaining cup of cream and tablespoon of sugar in a medium bowl until stiffness forms. In two additions, fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Divide among serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- To garnish, sprinkle shaved chocolate onto the mousse if your prefer!
I love foods that are rich in flavor! With this recipe in particular, the espresso powder I use is the King Arthur Espresso powder. This specific powder is perfect for this recipe, it has an amazing flavor and gives the right amount of coffee taste every time in the mousse.
<a href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DUF219A/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&linkCode=li2&tag=gracegirl7705-20&linkId=b69d01e93a61d6ad1ba72f36a946f54f” target=”_blank”><img border=”0″ src=”//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B00DUF219A&Format=_SL160_&ID=AsinImage&MarketPlace=US&ServiceVersion=20070822&WS=1&tag=gracegirl7705-20″ ></a><img src=”https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=gracegirl7705-20&l=li2&o=1&a=B00DUF219A” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ alt=”” style=”border:none !important; margin:0px !important;” />