Ever wanted to experiment with different flavors of Jell-O but don’t know how to? Well this recipe is a great example of how to do so including using Dr.Pepper as a main ingredient. Imagine that, using a soda to flavor up your Jell-O salad! Read on to find out more on how to make it and extras you can do with your sweet summer treat!
First, there are a few tips to consider when making this dish:
- Time: This recipe is quick to prep, but the jello needs to set, so make sure to factor 4 to 5 hours into your plans for that.
- Pan: It’s important to use either a silicon or dark nonstick bundt pan.It can also be made in a square baking dish or sheet pan, but should not be made in a light metal flute pan.
- Grease: Even if using a nonstick pan, it’s important to grease the pan with cooking spray and to then use a paper towel to rub it all over the inside of the pan for good measure.
- 1 cup of water
- 2 (3-ounce) boxes of Strawberry Jello
- 1 1/4 cup Dr. Pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) jar sliced maraschino cherries + juice
- 1 (8-ounce) can of crushed pineapple + juice
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
Bring water to a boil.
Add the jello to a large bowl and pour boiling water over it, stir until jello mixture dissolves and add in the Dr.Pepper. The mixture will fizz up, so make sure to use a large bowl and do it over the sink just in case. Place in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, grease a nonstick bundt pan with cooking spray.
Once the 30 minutes has been reached, add the remaining ingredients to the jello mixture and then pour into the prepared pan. Let chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Note*If making in a bundt pan or another pan where the jello salad will need to be flipped out, gently pull the jello away from the side of the pan with your fingers to help loosen it before flipping.
This was so much to make and I hope you enjoy making this wacky, fun summer dish just as much as I did!! Thank you for reading and enjoy!