We all love that time of year where we want everything tropical! It is such a refreshing season especially when you involve key lime into the flavor of things! I have a delicious recipe for you guys tonight, it is Individual Key Lime Pies!
This recipe is quick, easy and of course fun to make! It is loaded with all the key lime taste we love and gives you that tropical summer dose we all need!
- 3/4 Cup of key lime juice, fresh squeezed (about a pound of key limes or good bottled key lime juice is fine too!)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz of whipped topping, plus more for garnish
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened(Philadelphia cream cheese tastes great with this recipe!)
- 1/2 stick butter, unsalted, melted
- 1 sleeve of honey graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- Crush the graham crackers and mix with the butter, set aside.
- Cream the cream cheese until smooth using a hand mixer, then add in the sweetened condensed milk and mix until smooth. Add the key lime juice and mix until smooth.
- Let the whipped topping defrost and add to the cream cheese mixture, folding it in until combined.
- Taking individual silicone cups, fill with the cream cheese mixture about 3/4 of the way up. Top with the graham cracker crumbs. Place on platter or sheet tray and place in freezer for 4 hours or until set. Unmold pies carefully and serve graham cracker side down. The easiest way to do this is to submerge the bottom half of the mold into warm water for a few seconds.
- Serve with whipped topping garnish and key lime slice if desired, enjoy!