Okay my avocado lovers, I have an amazing recipe for you all that fulfills the avocado crave with the essence of Italy! Tonight we are making Avocado Caprese Skillet Chicken!
Now, for those who may not know avocado is known to be a superfood based on its extremely healthy properties. An avocado is loaded with vitamins B5,B6,C,E and K along with Folate and Potassium. In addition, it also contains small amounts of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, and Phosphorous. Plus lots and lots of fiber.
This an excellent fruit with an amazing amount of health benefits and applying it to this recipe is a perfect balance. Let’s Get Started!
Now for this dish, it involves Caprese.Caprese is a tomato, basil, fresh mozzarella and balsamic vinegar combination and known to be one of the worlds best ingredient combinations.
With the involvement of chicken in this dish, you don’t necessarily have to use a skillet. Using a grill is perfectly fine too!
- In a bowl mix together garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over both sides of each chicken cutlet. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on the bottom for about 4 – 6 minutes. Rotate and cook opposite side until chicken has nearly cooked thoroughly.
- Reduce burner temperature just slightly if needed, about 4 – 5 minutes ( to check if thoroughly cooked it should read 160 in the center on an instant read thermometer)
- Add two slices of mozzarella to the top of each cutlet, followed by one avocado slice, and 1 – 2 tomato slices. Cover pan with lid, return to heat and allow to cook 1 – 2 minutes longer until cheese has melted and chicken registers 165 in the center.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper, drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with fresh basil. Serve warm.