Happy 1st of July Everyone! I am still trying to overcome some writer’s block but I have been able to find a new recipe for you all to try! As it is summer it is an awesome time to try something zesty! So today we are going to give Lemon Mousse with Berries a whirl and it is absolutely delicious! I just made this yesterday and as it is simple it gives an amazing burst of fruit taste with a touch of sweetness! Let’s Get Started!
- One cup of heavy cream
- One 10 oz jar of lemon curd, or creme curd
- One 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice (this is optional!)
- 1 cup of fresh mixed berries
- Beat the cream in a medium sized bowl until stiff peaks form. Stir together the curd, cream cheese,almond extract and lemon juice(optional) in a small bowl until smooth.
- Stir the curd mixture into whipped cream until blended. Divide mousse into tall stemmed glasses.
- Divide berries among glasses and garnish with mint, if you desire. Refrigerate until serving.