I have some new recipes to share tonight so let’s jump right into it! This new, delicious recipe is perfect for this summer because it has sweetness with just enough tangy flavor to make your mouth water. The best part of this recipe…it is totally healthy!! Tonight, we are having Orange-Ginger Chicken Fajitas!
This dish takes about 25 minutes to prep, 15 minutes to grill and makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of 25% low sodium chicken seasoning(Montreal chicken seasoning works best for this dish but any other kind works too!)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/4 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast pounded to 1/2 inch thick and sliced 1/2 inch thick.
- 1 3.5 package of shiitake mushrooms with stems removed and sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved and sliced about 1/4 inch thick.
- 1 cup of matchstick carrots
- 8 fajita flour tortillas.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, orange juice, soy sauce, chicken seasoning, ginger and red pepper until combined. Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade. Place the chicken in a large zip lock plastic bag. Pour remaining marinade over chicken. Seal bag, pressing out the excess air. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cover half of outdoor grill rack with aluminum foil. Poke several holes in foil. Prepare grill direct grilling over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms, onion, carrots and the reserved 1/4 cup marinade. Place 18×24 inch sheet aluminum foil on work surface, place vegetable mixture in center. Bring top and bottom of foil sheet together over the veggies. Crimp together and foil down over vegetables. Make sure to double fold both ends of packet toward vegetables.
- Remove the chicken from marinade. Discard the used marinade. Place the chicken on foil covered grill rack. Place the vegetable packet on hot grill rack. Cover and let the chicken cook for about 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Stirring once, grill the vegetables for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Fill the tortillas with chicken and vegetables.
*Notes: 1.Due to food allergies, keep in mind that adding mushrooms to this dish is considered purely optional. I chose to not add mushrooms to this dish because of a food allergy however as mushrooms are part of the recipe to this dish I included them into the text. Again, purely optional.
1.Due to food allergies, keep in mind that adding mushrooms to this dish is considered purely optional. I chose to not add mushrooms to this dish because of a food allergy however as mushrooms are part of the recipe to this dish I included them into the text. Again, purely optional.
2.With the fajita tortillas, you can also use whole grain tortillas instead of the white flour ones.
3.My favorite part: Adding a little Daisy sour cream to the fajitas is delicious! Don’t forget a slice of jalapeno or two!!
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this recipe! There is more to come so keep an eye out on my updates 🙂