Do you smell the warm cinnamon aroma?
How about the fresh juicy taste of the peaches?
Tonight’s decadent dessert is Grilled Peaches with Shortbread Crumble!
The preparation time for this dish is 15 minutes and to grill is 12. This dish serves about 6.
- 1/2 cup of coarsely crushed shortbread cookies
- 1 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon plus additional for sprinkling(this is optional!)
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 6 large peaches that are cut halved and pitted.
- 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of frozen vanilla yogurt
- Prepare the outdoor grill for direct grilling over a medium heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the shortbread crumbs, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut butter into flour mixture to coarse crumbs.
- Brush cut sides of peaches with oil. Place the peaches (cut side facing down) on the hot grill rack. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until the grill marks appear. Turn the peaches and spoon about 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture into each peach half. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until grill marks appear.
- Serve peaches with vanilla frozen yogurt and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired!